This is not where active development is happening. See http://github.com/caltechlibrary/bibtex for active development.
A quick and dirty BibTeX package. Includes bibfilter which can parse and filter tag entries of a BibTeX file.
bibfilter [OPTION] BIBFILE
This command will output BIBFILE to the console applying the options specified.
- -exclude a comma separated list of tags to exclude
- -include a comma separated list of tags to include
- -h display help information
- -l display license
- -v display version information
Output my.bib without any comment entries
bibfilter -exlude=comment my.bib
Output my.bib only including articles
bibfilter -include=article my.bib
Output my.bib only including articles and proceedings
bibfilter -include=article,inproceedings my.bib
- makebib.perl - Converts plain text through a series regexp rules into BibTeX
- Perl script includes self test that maybe helpful
- pybtex - Python BibTeX processor
- peer2 - Golang port of a Python tool called peer, it can do basic BibTeX format parsing
- r59-lex.go - Golang, simple lexer example using goroutines
- nickng/bibtex - Golang, BibTeX parser package
- tmc/bibtex - Golang, BibTeX parser package
- sotetsuk/gobibtext - Golang, a BibTeX parser implementing the Decode, Encode function approach
Open Source Citation Tools
- JabRef - an open source bibliography reference manager.
- The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX, the standard LaTeX bibliography format.